for all u ppl out there familiar with the existence of gogo but still acting like little bitches about diving in to strange. either Foyolyfe is the crew and TEALStribe is the artist or its the other way around or its neither and whoever it was that wrote the ABOUT page was just being too extra with all the royal We’s. None of that old jack swing gogo, this is bounce beat distilled and rebottled to fit under a NEW AGE label. Listen to these for a couple hours, u know, get ur ears right, then get lost in some old TOB and TCB youtube holes till u can feel the sweat on ur butt. stay away from CCB tho, ur probably not ready.
TEALStribe, “Love It (Jug & Bounce mix)” (2013)
TEALStribe, “Base” (2014)
TEALStribe, The Cooldown (2013)
Young Money Yawn, “Yayo remix” f/ Young Crazy (2014)
hundred bucks says that at this very moment on twitter, whenever this moment for u may be, someone from dc is telling someone from maryland that they’re doodoo soft, they’re fakin like shit, and that they’re dumb af for even saying “DMV”. @’s are flying back and forth and back forth until someone, a third, calmer voice, will tweet both parties and dead it all by reminding them that at least neither of em are from virginia (fukk yall). those are our day to day feelings and depending on who ur talking to are likely to change. 100% guarantee tho that there would be endless RT’s and subtweets were u to insinuate that Young Money Yawn, Swagga Smiles, or Young Crazy were from the “DMV”. They are not, they’re from the 757. They — along with most of Norfolk , e.g. Clipse — are definitely at least affiliates tho seeing as how 1) Swagga Smiles & Young Crazy’s latest v good mixtape was hosted by the gawd DJ Grady, 2) Yawn tapped Shy for the remix to his sleeper hit from last year and 3) Take Em 2 Church, the dude who shot the video to “Gutta Gutta” isn’t entirely unknown up here either.
Swagga Smiles, “No Problem” f/ Young Crazy (2013)
prod. Yung Lan
Slutty Boyz, “When You See Me” (2014)
every time there’s been a lull in trel’s momentum the slutty boyz have always kept shit rolling in his stead. she fell in love wasn’t a bad first record in ross’ lavish miami lobster bisque on a yacht world but it didnt exactly set anything on fire and putting out a music video in the dead of winter months after the track dropped didnt help any either (i love ben’s as much as the next drunk but there isn’t much about the song that evokes U St in December). The more Trel raps about the Slutty Boyz, the better the song is probably gonna be n until he lets loose songs like this clanging thing, slutty boyz are where it’s at. “When You See Me” is off their delayed Da New Kool mixtape, way better than that “Yall Not Ready” song that was probably Wale’s fault, and the “Savage” joint is off Pwild’s latest mixtape-before-the-mixtape. Don’t sleep on that like yall did “Wild’n Out“.
Pwild, “Savage” f/ Young Moe & Oochie
MallyDaGreat, “Do Not Disturb” (2014)
mally’s best rap-talking since stomping all over Bullets. s/o walk walk walker mill n all that.
MallyDaGreat, “A1 Since Day 1” (2014)
Here’s a new lil dulcet titty bar dreamscape joint Thraxxx dropped on their soundcloud a bit over a week ago, “Ask For It”. It’s a strong follow-up to their still growing regional hit “Too” from late last year that kinda crept up on everyone but has been officially certified via gogo rendition. I can’t remember the last local single to spread that fast tbh. The most successful, well known artists from here haven’t made their name off singles for the most part. Blame that on DC’s aesthetic vacuum or w/e.
better one year late than two. also yes not every song was recorded within city limits. some artists r also repeated. tbh dont really know what the rules are to this.
if u wanna download alla that
- Fat Trel, “Devil We Like” … Boss Major
- Shy Glizzy, “I Come From Nothing” … Tha Rich Kids
- Boobe, “White Bitches” f/ Juicy J … Rio
- Lightshow, “Still” … YB on da Beat
- Yung Gleesh, “I Kills It”
- Yung Ru, “Intro” … Tonio Bell
- Uptown XO, “Flowers” … AB the Pro
- Boosa da Shoota, “Who Dat” … Young Clip
- OG Hamp, “Blast from tha Mack” … Kash
- Marley Escobar, “Paranoid“
- Uptown Pacco, “Up Down“
- PWild, “Want Work” f/ Lightshow” … Young Clip
- Missy Love, “Beautiful Hooligan“
- Lightshow/Shy Glizzy, “Irons” … YB on da Beat
- Alfa Diallo, “I Be High” f/ Ras Nebyu … Ibrahim Keita
- Black Cobain, “Public Enemy” f/ Shy Glizzy … Beat Billionaire
- Oddisee, “Ready to Rock” … Oddisee
- Young Moe, “Tired of Being Broke” f/ Fat Trel … Mr. Tetrizz
- Oochie, “Quarles Street Shawdy” … Lolo
- Deuce Dagger, “Co-Defendants” f/ Chugaloo Roc … Young Clip
- Mike Brown da Czar, “Young & Thuggin Shyt” … j5ive
- Slutty Boyz, “Trick Bag” … Young Clip
- Niccolo Solo, “Hero“
- Suavey Nino, “Rubber Band Wedding Ring” … Young Frank
- Garvey the Chosen One, “Roller“
- Dew Baby, “Peel Back” … Cool on da Beat
- Rabbit, “Murda Biz“
- Chris Bo, “Goonz” … Big Moon
- Freakmite, “Since 95” … Versatile Beats
- 4DaFame, “I Got Dat Work” … Jee Juh
#1-15 | 16-30
Ras Nebyu, “Futuristic Black Man” (2013)
prod Black Jesus
ras neb might actually get his coup d’etat with this new age i and i he’s got black jesus n ibrahim keita turning out.